Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

• Posts 299

fireme created the topic: Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

Do you re-assess your belief system during the holiday season? I know some people who do, and they seem better off for it. They may not change what they believe in or how they practice that belief, but just questioning it and re-assessing it seems to be good for them.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

I don't think I do that in the sense that you're referring to. My faith is an evolving part of my life in the sense that I am always trying to learn more to seek a deeper connection with God, but I don't do what I would consider a reassessment.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

Religion and spirituality is an important part of my life, so I would say that in some ways, I'm always re-assessing what I believe. However, I do find myself questioning and re-assessing my beliefs more around the holidays, probably to clarify what it is I'm celebrating throughout the season.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

I am curious to know why this would most likely happen around the holiday season. Could it be that since there's more time to ourselves around the holidays, we are best-placed to do such a reassessment? I have never looked at my beliefs as requiring any assessment unless I was doubtful (in the first place).

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Re-Assessing Your Beliefs

I don't do this around the holidays, but I did it several years ago when I was considering what I believe now as compared to what I used to believe. The religion that was forced down my throat growing up by my family involved being cruel and judgmental to those who did not live their life a certain way or fit a certain mold. I can't be that way. The God I worship expects me to be kind to everyone and He certainly does not give me the right to judge anyone.