Cameras for DIY wedding/reception video

• aaronpawlak
  • aaronpawlak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Posts 6

aaronpawlak created the topic: Cameras for DIY wedding/reception video

Hello,

I am getting married in November this year and have been looking at videographer vendors for the big day. In our opinion the price for their middle level service was beyond crazy (30 minute edited video from only four hours of shooting was coming in at 4K$). If we are going to spend that kind of money, we want more than just 30 minutes of video. Yes I understand its going to be professionally shot and edited, but 30 minutes doesn't cover all the important events at the reception we would want recorded let alone the ceremony. Our thought was to buy cameras and a tripod our self and have a friend or family member record the ceremony. We don't need Hollywood level video, just something above home video level in the church. For the reception my first thought was having two go pro (or similar) and having them passed around and guests can record anything they want. Again here we would likely ask someone to use the camera and tripod to record some of the important events (entrance, speeches, first dances). We fully expect there to be some crazy things recorded and that's okay with us. We both want a fun wedding and will not be stressing about if everything is not perfect. We also figure the go pro would be nice to have for our honeymoon on Hawaii.

I have no video experience, so I wouldn't know what to look for when it comes to cameras. My only concern is something that could handle low light during parts of the reception. What would work in our situation and would be cost reasonable?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopi...&t=1307199
Best video production

Thanks